Hey guys, thanks for coming back to my blog I hope you have found my latest blog articles useful.
I would like to introduce you to my new Wedding Skincare Essentials blog series where I will be covering everything from morning skincare routines to evening skincare routines. And, any additional hints, tips, or steps to get your skin looking perfect for your wedding day.
Pro Tip: you should give yourelf a few months before starting a new skincare routine or using new products before your wedding. It can take time for results to show and your skin to get used to new products.
Morning Skincare Routine
In today’s article, I will be providing expert advice on morning skincare routines.
Your morning skincare routine is just as important as your evening routine because it is how you prepare your skin for makeup on the day. The main things you should be looking for are:
Here’s how I do it…
Cleanse Your Skin with Oils to Remove any Lasting Residue
Remove Dead Skin Cells and Brighten Your Skin with a Toner
Hydrate Your Deeper Skin Layers with a Serum
Retain Hydration and Protect Your Skin with a Moisturiser
Cleanse Your Skin
I like to start by cleansing my skin as this removes any residue from my evening skincare products. Also, it helps refresh my skin for the day ahead. I use a lightweight oil to cleanse my skin and tend to avoid gel or foaming cleansers as they are really harsh on your skin.
The gel or foaming cleansers strip away the natural oils on your skin which leaves the skin feeling tight. You will find that your skin will start producing more oil to compensate for the lack of moisture. Oils are a good way of giving your skin a deep cleanse and balancing out your natural oils. They also work on all skin types.
Some of my favourites are:
- Superfacialist Vitamin C+ Skin Renew Cleansing Oil – I love this cleansing oil for the morning because it isn’t greasy and it smells like oranges (who doesn’t like the smell of oranges?). Also, it helps freshen up my tired looking skin. The Vitamin C brightens up your skin which is perfect if you have any pigmentation or marks you want to even out. I massage a small amount onto dry skin and remove with warm water. This turns the oil into a milk and won’t leave a greasy film on your skin.
- OSKIA Renaissance Cleansing Gel – although this product is called a gel. I wouldn’t say the texture is gel-like at all. It is more of a mix between an oil and balm. It is super lightweight but still manages to cleanse the skin from impurities. I know this is more of a high-end cleanser but it is definitely a great investment because this is also a treatment for the skin. The pumpkin enzymes in this product help improve the skin surface by minimising the appearance of pores. It is also packed full of Vitamins to help protect your skin from free radicals and the environment.
Add a Toner
Once I’ve cleansed my skin I like to add a toner.
Toners have come a long way since the days of using them to remove excess grime. I personally like to double tone.
The first toner I use is a mild exfoliating toner to remove any dead skin cells and brighten up my skin. This helps improve the texture of my skin and allow other products to adhere better to my skin.
Pro Tip: when using acid toners make sure you always use sun protection to help protect the new surface skin layer.
The one I use day and night are:
- Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Daily Cleansing Pads – these ones are gentle enough to use every day. I love that each pad has a generous amount of product on them and one pad will be enough to use on the entire face. The exfoliating acid in this is glycolic acid, which helps to resurface skin texture. Other ingredients such as hyaluronic acid will moisturise the skin making it look smoother and brighter.
My second toner is more of a hydrating mist to help neutralise the acid toner and add some more moisture back into my skin.
The ones I like to use are:
- La Roche-Posey Serzonic Spray – this one is particularly good if you suffer from oily and blemish-prone skin because it will help to disinfect the skin as well as pat down the oil.
- MAC Mineralize Charged Water Skin Hydrating Mist – if your skin is dry or dehydrated this one will be good for you. It is packed with hydrating minerals and diamond powder. The diamond powder is like a magnet drawing moisture onto the skin that lasts all day.
Follow with Serum
Before I add a moisturiser I like to go in with a serum.
Serums are a lightweight formula so they can go deeper into the layers of skin. They also have a higher concentrate of ingredients which is perfect in targeting specific skincare concerns.
In the morning I prefer a hydrating serum that is going to keep my skin hydrated throughout the day.
My favourite serum is:
- Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Booster Face Serum – your skin naturally develops hydraluronic acid but as you get older it decreases. This serum contains 100% natural hydraluronic acid that holds up to 1000 times its weight in water. It is going to make your skin look plump and youthful. It will also hydrate your skin giving you maximum moisture.
Finally I will moisturise my skin.
In the morning I prefer a lightweight, non-greasy formula because I don’t want it to disrupt my makeup. Plus my skin is oily/dehydrated so I don’t want anything too heavy.
I always opt for a moisturiser with an SPF because it is important to protect your skin from sun exposure. You can apply a separate SPF but I like to save a bit of time in the morning.
My go to Moisturisers are:
- Estee Lauder Daywear – this cream is refreshing and lightweight but enough to keep my skin feeling hydrated all day. It has SPF15 in it which is broad spectrum. It makes my skin look bright and luminous.
- Superfacialist Rose Hydrate Radiance Day Cream – this cream is perfect if you suffer from irritation or redness as it contains cucumber oil and marshmallow extract which helps soothe and calm the skin. It also has an SPF15.
That’s all for this blog post guys, thanks for reading. I hope you have all found the first series of my Wedding Skincare Essentials series useful.
Don’t forget to subscribe for more makeup tips, how-to’s, product reviews and more.
And, leave me your thoughts on the blog below with comments. It’s always great to hear about your experiences with skincare and how certain routines have helped you.
See you next week!